Is this Fowlpox?

HudspethsHens

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
I noticed this bump on my chickens waddle the other day and today it seems bigger. I googled what it could be and Fowlpox comes up. I am concerned about my other birds and want some advice on using Oxine in their water and using a sulphur and Vaseline rub on it. Any advice would be appreciated. Here’s a picture of my lovely girl.

Attachments

• 2B8327DD-8F4F-4EC1-A390-4841FD486630.jpeg
    2B8327DD-8F4F-4EC1-A390-4841FD486630.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 17
It could be pox. If it is, it will get worse before getting better. Fowl pox is a virus transmitted by mosquitoes. There's no treatment. It will run it's course in 4-6 weeks.
Thank you
So do you mean in 4 to 6 weeks it should be gone? Should I treat their water with Oxine? What about mixing up sulfur with vaseline to treat the sort?

If it's pox it will be healing and disappearing in 4-6 weeks generally. There's no treatment. Messing with the lesions can spread it more. So they are best just left alone. About all you can do is keep stress low so the birds immune system can fight off the pox. Also try to eliminate breeding areas for mosquitoes.

If it's pox it will be healing and disappearing in 4-6 weeks generally. There's no treatment. Messing with the lesions can spread it more. So they are best just left alone. About all you can do is keep stress low so the birds immune system can fight off the pox. Also try to eliminate breeding areas for mosquitoes.
Thank you this is very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom