Is this going to be a problem?

thanks. i will try all of these, except the clippers, because i don't want to hurt her. ill post another picture because i said i would, and then i will start filing
Be careful! You can always file more, but you can’t “unfile” if you know what I mean.

thanks. i will try all of these, except the clippers, because i don't want to hurt her. ill post another picture because i said i would, and then i will start filing
Personally, I would use clippers first (because they are fastest), just one clip to get a chunk of the thin/clear part off the tip. If it's clear, you can be sure it has no blood and no nerves.

Then you could file to round the edges and maybe shorten it more.

i keep you updated. especially if it grows back. i don't think it will, but just saying, i think the crack in her beak goes up too far to file

You won't be able to file all of the split away now.

But as the beak grows, the split will keep moving further toward the tip, and you or the hen will be able to gradually file it off. Of course, if the new beak grows out with a split from the very beginning, then she will just keep having a split beak.

You just have to provide enough that all birds are able to access feed one way or another. They definitely will be interested since the feed will be in something different.
Or you can feed her separated from the flock so that she gets her share.

Back
Top Bottom