Is this gold dillute?

fuzzybutt love

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Michigan
does anyone know how the gold dillute works? I still think my little roo chick is carrying it. I thought his father was, and this chick looks JUST like the chick in my genetics link right now! (At the bottom of that loooong page) I don't have a 5 week pic yet, but still no red, only this very pale buff? http://www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/mutations1.html

Idk what to do with it though, i studied chocolate and lav, not lemon! I don't know what the "next step" to making lemon would be, if this were so.
!

This is the father, he was a pale chipmunk with "eyeliner", i thought he
was hawkish :)

A side view from when he was younger.

This is the mother, i apologize for her ratty condition; i had recently bought her from an auction! She is doing better now but in the middle of a terrible molt so no good pics yet!

Last edited:
does anyone know how the gold dillute works? I still think my little roo chick is carrying it. I thought his father was, and this chick looks JUST like the chick in my genetics link right now! (At the bottom of that loooong page) I don't have a 5 week pic yet, but still no red, only this very pale buff? http://www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/mutations1.html

Idk what to do with it though, i studied chocolate and lav, not lemon! I don't know what the "next step" to making lemon would be, if this were so.
!

This is the father, he was a pale chipmunk with "eyeliner", i thought he
was hawkish :)

A side view from when he was younger.

This is the mother, i apologize for her ratty condition; i had recently bought her from an auction! She is doing better now but in the middle of a terrible molt so no good pics yet!

his genetic make up its called Golden(S/s+) the mix of dominant Silver and recessive Gold both are sex linked genes, and it wont breed true like true lemons or true creams.... cream is recessive autosomal(none sexlinked) and Lemon is Dominant(Dilute Di) autosomal also...

Which is the S/s+, the father or the son? (the son is a neat mix anyway, because in place of black he is getting pale blue! So he is creamy colored with blue!)

So if i understand it correctly, the "silver" will only show up in the males? Since a male can carry 2 copies and a hen only one? I am only a beginner in the genetic stuff, so i am trying to understand it all yet.

So the dom silver/recessive gold won't dilute a golden hen to a lemon-ish color? (I know it won't be a true creme/lemon)

Last edited:
his genetic make up its called Golden(S/s+) the mix of dominant Silver and recessive Gold both are sex linked genes, and it wont breed true like true lemons or true creams.... cream is recessive autosomal(none sexlinked) and Lemon is Dominant(Dilute Di) autosomal also...
True lemons? There's a "lemon" gene? Isn't lemon a buff with either the silver or gold inhibitor (ig) or champagne or just di in Henks calculator? Although I understand the better "lemon" is using the ig gene, because two copies of silver will turn buff white.

Fuzzy butt= this is my 'lemon' chick at the bottom right. It has the silver over buff, plus carrying one blue.

Last edited:
Which is the S/s+, the father or the son? (the son is a neat mix anyway, because in place of black he is getting pale blue! So he is creamy colored with blue!)

So if i understand it correctly, the "silver" will only show up in the males? Since a male can carry 2 copies and a hen only one? I am only a beginner in the genetic stuff, so i am trying to understand it all yet.

So the dom silver/recessive gold won't dilute a golden hen to a lemon-ish color? (I know it won't be a true creme/lemon)
to my Trained eye both are Golden(father and son)..

you cant have a Golden hen because they can only have Silver or Gold they cant have both genes at the same time...but roosters do, thats why you have golden roosters(S/s+)

Back
Top Bottom