Quote:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
as always
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
No bred called a, "New Hampshire Red".

I know that Murray McMurray sells theirs as a , "New Hampshire Red" but there nothing more than a Hatchery type New Hampshire.

Chris

Quote:
I am a stickler for spelling mistakes, errors I make, etc., etc. I am going to be stubborn and not drop the "red". I like it. I'm from NH, I like the color red. It's like the people in my current town in CNY say "ruff" for ROOF, and "crick" for CREEK! They are just set in their ways. Now I find I am too.
big_smile.png
Oh who am I kidding, if I am such a stickler for people spelling Ameraucana correctly, I'll follow suit and call my girls New Hampshires. It just seems weird.

Quote:
I can see their point. The production red is a product of hatcheries, not an APA recognized breed. So not quite apples to apples here. I think. It is just going to take a while to get used to saying "New Hampshire" instead of NHR.

I just want to add that maybe the confusion is because they started the breed from Rhode Island Reds. Can we be fair here and just call them Rhode Islands?
wink.png
Equality and all.

Quote:
Can we be fair here and just call them Rhode Islands

The thing with that is that the breed name by Standard for the Rhode Island Red is the Rhode Island Red
wink.png

If you go by the breeds true name it is a Red and Rhode Island is just the state of origin.

Chris​

Quote:
Can we be fair here and just call them Rhode Islands

The thing with that is that the breed name by Standard for the Rhode Island Red is the Rhode Island Red
wink.png

If you go by the breeds true name it is a Red and Rhode Island is just the state of origin.

Chris​

It was tongue in cheek.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom