Is this incubator worth it?

I have not had experience with that particular model but I do have a hovabator genesis that I LOVE! I have heard good things about the 1602N as well just haven't had any experience personally with it. I think most any hovabator is good though i had a LG thermal one that wouldn't hold temp for nothing. Hovabator is supposed to be MUCH better at holding temp because of the wafer.

styrofoam incubators have a lot of supporters out there, and for someone one a budget, as long as it has the circulation fan and you get an egg turner so you can leave them alone, you will be okay. I had one for years and by best hatch was like 50%. I lucked out in getting a cabinet and my hatches have never been less that 90% since, but if you get a styrofoam to work like some people i know can, they are a steal for the amount of use you can get out of it. go with the one with the fan though, you'll double your hatches in some cases. good luck

Cool, thanks. I am still trying to decide if I should make one or buy one...
hmm.png

i love my 1602N , i have a turner for it now. Out of 14 duck eggs i set 11 are kicking. Just make sure its in a room with a stable temperature. I got mine in the basement were it is about 68f.If you want to spend more money buy either the 1588genesis or a Brower top hatch. Oh i think the smaller windows are better - keeps the temps more even than those big windows, hey its dark under the hen too.

I would NOT order the 1602N. I have that one, and the temps are always changing. The windows on the top let out alot of heat. i have to keep a folded up washcloth over one of the windows so the heat doesnt escape.

If you do get that one, it WILL hold goose eggs. For $41.00 it isnt a bad price, but you need to keep a small towel over one of the windows.

Waterfowl eggs hatch better in a forced air incubator.

Back
Top Bottom