Is this little guy a cockerel?

Yeah, I figured. I just like having input, even if it is a little early. My parents and I are pretty sure she’s a pullet, but I will definitely update in a few weeks!
Wait your a kid. I am 15 also a boy. me and my family have been keeping chickens for three years. now right now we have 8 laying pullets and 4 dual purpose pullets and one cockerel. we just got a new flock 3 months ago. pretty young to know so much about chickens I read about them everyday I just joined BYC a few dys ago. Not many kids in 9th grade interested in chickens. lol

Wait your a kid. I am 15 also a boy. me and my family have been keeping chickens for three years. now right now we have 8 laying pullets and 4 dual purpose pullets and one cockerel. we just got a new flock 3 months ago. pretty young to know so much about chickens I read about them everyday I just joined BYC a few dys ago. Not many kids in 9th grade interested in chickens. lol
Ah! Another freshmen I see! I have loved chickens for a very long time. I’m pretty sure my love of them is rooted from my kindergarten class when my teacher had baby chicks as class pets for a few weeks. She had the incubator in the classroom, and we tracked their progress in the egg via torching every day! It’s how she taught us about development of young animals. It was very fun, everyone in the class got to play with them, clean their pen, feed them and give them water. It was super interactive and very very fun! I started my chicken journey at the end of last year, and I joined here today!

Our rooster definitely kept the hens in check; he always guided them into a group when they were foraging
That’s what I figured a rooster would do- I read up on them, just to see if we really should get one, and I’ve read that they often search for food and alert the hens when they find a good food source! They are also very protective of their hens, so that will be pretty good, given the fact that we live in an area with hawks. Haven’t had any problems, but it’s best to cut the problem out before it becomes a problem if you know what I mean.

Hello! Little Ms. Rolo has changed a bit since my last update, and I am now quite certain that she is a pullet! We are looking into some options for buying roosters off of people who are either not allowed to have them or have too many of them. Here is Rolo right now! I don’t have many pictures of her at the moment, it has been pretty cold lately, so the babies have been snuggling in their coop most of the time. The babies discovered the big girl’s corn that we set out for them, but they don’t quite know how to eat it yet

Attachments

• IMG_2288.jpeg
    IMG_2288.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom