Is this little lady a Welsummer, for sure? (More pics added)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Uzuri, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    I have my doubts because her face looks different from the others', but I don't know, maybe there's variation in facial markings:

This is her:

[​IMG]

These are the others:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I haven't had welsummers so I can't say for sure, but that first chick looks more like a buttercup than a welsummer to me.

3. Uzuri

Uzuri Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    Hmm... certainly could be, Welp does sell them. Hope not, I was kinda trying to stay away from Mediterranean types, but we'll see.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    do you have pic. of the comb of the first one?
    Chris
    I dont think it s a buttercup there legs are willow green...

5. Uzuri

Uzuri Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    I'll check when I get home, but I'm thinking that she hasn't done much looking straight at the camera (one of the Wyandottes likes to glare straight into the lens, but not her [​IMG] ). I take photos every night, so I may be able to get one specially. She's not one of the more cooperative ones, though.

But just going from memory, none of them have anything particularly obvious yet. I think hers looks pretty much like the other two at the moment.

6. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    The breed that pops into my head is Golden Campines. There are a lot of similarities, but a comb shot should be definitive.

7. Uzuri

Uzuri Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    OK, per request, pics of her comb. She was have a serious "I don't wanna stand still" day today :p They all were.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    too early to tell. I cant find her age anywhere, but i was told 4-5 weeks you should be able to tell.

9. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Songster

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    She is probably a wellie...that nice V on her head is pretty wellie-ish [​IMG]

10. I have three Buttercup pullets that might be just a bit older and they look different. So, I don't think its Buttercup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: