Is this little one a Roo?

If it is sex linked theres only like a 1% chance its male. I know this sounds crazy but female chicks crow. Its super hard to tell and you probably wont know intell they are full grown. I think there female and you dont have to worry

Its an Isa Brown hen...Not a Rooster...I had those last year and I would bet money it will lay an egg in a few months.
Not an Orpington.
Isa Browns are reddish in color with yellow legs. The bird in question is solid buff with white legs. It is an Orpington. At just 8 weeks of age, with that much comb color AND crowing, it is also a cockerel.

Last edited:
Isa Browns are reddish in color with yellow legs. The bird in question is solid buff with white legs. It is an Orpington. At just 8 weeks of age, with that much comb color AND crowing, it is also a cockerel.
Female chicks also CROW at a young age. If you dont belive me, do some reasurch!!:):):)

Female chicks also CROW at a young age. If you dont belive me, do some reasurch!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
I personally have raised well over 250 chicks over the years. I have never had a pullet crow. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's very rare. Regardless, the bird in question is male. He will crow because it's what male chickens do.

Back
Top Bottom