Is this Marek's Disease?!

How are your chickens? Mine are all wasting away too, but no mites or lice. Very anemic and all 6 months or older, with the youngest looking the healthiest. Can’t figure out what’s going on and don’t see any worms in stool. Did just treat for worms today…it’s been 6 months on and off!

I ended up finally seeing a tapeworm and larvae in the stool, but it took a lot of digging. I treated them with Equimax, a horse wormer, and so far no more diarrhea and hoping this is the key to making them better. There are different meds for different parasites, unfortunately. And you can also have more than one type.

I ended up finally seeing a tapeworm and larvae in the stool, but it took a lot of digging. I treated them with Equimax, a horse wormer, and so far no more diarrhea and hoping this is the key to making them better. There are different meds for different parasites, unfortunately. And you can also have more than one type.

Can I ask how you used the horse wormer?
@Miss DiDi Praziquantel is used to treat Tapeworms. Equimax is one of the products that can be used. You will find a list of products along with dosing in the post linked below.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/treating-tapeworms-under-construction.1220309/

Back
Top Bottom