Is this membrane normal?

Such a great experience for them
After the initial cry from my youngest when that first fella was having such a hard time (it really was brutal) all has been well. My youngest has ran through the house loudly announcing ...to the walls I guess since we’ve all been watching the babies.. every successful hatch.

That being said..I’m almost 100% sure that 2 of my 3 barred rocks are Roos 🤦🏼‍♀️ There’s no chance of their Dad peacefully coexisting with them, lol. We have a bantam Cochin that he allows to hang around under the condition that he not touch the ladies 😂 Poor Pants Chicken.

Sorry to here about the first one but don't blame yourself sometimes things like that just happen.
I think the poor thing just wasn’t meant to be. The humidity was great, temp was great and everything held steady all through incubation (I dry hatched until lockdown) We didn’t do anything hands on with him, so I just don’t see how it could have been us. I went into it expecting to lose some, I’m kinda glad it was the first one too, to be honest. Simply so we didn’t have 6 successful hatches before only to be hit with that one. It was definitely hard to watch. His yolk had busted before hatch I think.

I'm sure it was hard for the younger kids but is a life learning experience they only learn from. Glad to here all is going well now. Do you have a brooder and chick starter for the new babies?

congratulations on the successful hatches! I’m a novice to this whole hatching thing, but from what I’ve been learning over the past few weeks, you’ve done everything you could. Nature has its ways with life and death and it’s just all part of the process.

Hope to see photos of the fluff butts soon!!!

congratulations on the successful hatches! I’m a novice to this whole hatching thing, but from what I’ve been learning over the past few weeks, you’ve done everything you could. Nature has its ways with life and death and it’s just all part of the process.

Hope to see photos of the fluff butts soon!!!
Here’s one from earlier. There’s another working on zipping now.

Attachments

• 84A6DD6B-9092-4B45-985E-2F2FCBF2DD47.jpeg
    84A6DD6B-9092-4B45-985E-2F2FCBF2DD47.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 18
We culled the little fella. His intestines were outside of his body and he was suffering. I didn’t see the sense in waiting it out, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. The other ones have zipped a bit more, and I don’t see any blood or yuck.
Good decision. That poor guy was not meant to be.

How is everyone else doing?

Good decision. That poor guy was not meant to be.

How is everyone else doing?
They’re all doing really well!! I’ve actually been meaning to post a picture of my mystery chicks. Mom is a Red Sex Link and Dad is a Barred Rock. They’re yellow with the cutest random black spots. Wing feathers coming in a White color, no red so far.

They’re brats. All of them.

Back
Top Bottom