Is this normal for a chick?

Poor thing something isn't right but I'm not sure what.

Are you sure this one is eating?
I’m sure he’s eating, but I did notice he did have troubles walking the first few days and would be a like a turtle and couldn’t get up after he fell down. Like he didn’t have balance. A few others were like that too but didn’t make it.

I’m sure he’s eating, but I did notice he did have troubles walking the first few days and would be a like a turtle and couldn’t get up after he fell down. Like he didn’t have balance. A few others were like that too but didn’t make it.
Ok this probably means he won't make it either.

Sometimes the diet of the parent stock is the cause.

Sometimes things happen during the incubating period that can cause issues.

Sometimes parent stock genes are a problem.

Sometimes things just aren't meant to be.

Let's try the elimination game.

Where did the eggs come from?

Ok this probably means he won't make it either.

Sometimes the diet of the parent stock is the cause.

Sometimes things happen during the incubating period that can cause issues.

Sometimes parent stock genes are a problem.

Sometimes things just aren't meant to be.

Let's try the elimination game.

Where did the eggs come from?
I’m not too sure; I had my father buy them rather than myself so I’ll have to ask him in the morning. Our incubator may not be very good though... the thermometer on it reads a higher temperature than what’s inside. The chicks also hatched a day or two late.. could that be a problem?

I’m not too sure; I had my father buy them rather than myself so I’ll have to ask him in the morning. Our incubator may not be very good though... the thermometer on it reads a higher temperature than what’s inside. The chicks also hatched a day or two late.. could that be a problem?
Possibly.
If they hatched late the temperature was probably a little on the low side.

Do you know what the humidity level was at?

I highly recommend buying another thermometer that you can calibrate and a humidity gauge that you can salt test before you set eggs again.

These two pictured below are two that I found at Walmart for a pretty cheap.

Perhaps some chicks weren't developed properly. Sadly there may be nothing you can do.
Check this out:
http://extension.msstate.edu/content/trouble-shooting-failures-egg-incubation

Screenshot_20191113-223034.png
Screenshot_20191113-223045.png

Back
Top Bottom