Is this normal for a duck to have?

DingusDuck

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2023
This duck had a deformed bill, but he is still doing fine. I'm wondering if this sack by his neck is normal or also a deformity, I think I saw another duck that had one but not like this.
20231001_175853.jpg

Last edited:
This duck had a deformed bill, but he is still doing fine. I'm wondering if this sack by his neck is normal or also a deformity, I think I saw another duck that had one but not like this.View attachment 3650320
They look like Rouens to it oculd be normal since some show Rouens have that and it could be coming from that bloodline, But my specialty isn't Ducks, I'm sure someone who has seen this before will come along

One of my Buff females can look like that by days end. but the next morning she is back to normal. How does this drake look in the morning after going all night without food?

One of my Buff females can look like that by days end. but the next morning she is back to normal. How does this drake look in the morning after going all night without food?
In the morning all the ducks surrond the food and eat it. He sticks his head through the tip and eats it. What is that sack?

In the morning all the ducks surrond the food and eat it. He sticks his head through the tip and eats it. What is that sack?
the crop can stretch out very big when its very full. maybe hes not getting enough grit becaue of his bill deformity i wonder do you put out a dish of grit for them and does he take any? or does he drill into dirt and mud holes outside and get grit that way/

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-10-02 20-37-56.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-02 20-37-56.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 6
the crop can stretch out very big when its very full. maybe hes not getting enough grit becaue of his bill deformity i wonder do you put out a dish of grit for them and does he take any? or does he drill into dirt and mud holes outside and get grit that way/
Ohh I didn't think about that. That's a good idea thank you!

Back
Top Bottom