Is this normal goat behavior?

Ewe Mama2

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Northeastern Ohio
I went out to check on the goat earlier tonight and she started bouncing around (frolicking, if you will) and I wasn't sure if this was "acceptable" behavior for a pregnant doe (due in about 6 weeks) or if she was in some way challenging me. I have obviously never been around goats before, so I have no clue what is normal goatieness and what is cause for concern. She is still the sweetest thing ever, it's just that she never acted that way around me before.
hmm.png

Thanks for your help/insight!

lol if she's frolicking, she's obviously feeling good! and having fun!

I've sometimes seen my girls at 2 weeks to go, bouncing. I always figure well they arent going to pop anytime soon if they can still bounce!

The only time I'd get concerned about unacceptable behaviour, is if she is rearing up at you and/or shaking her head, or butting at you, that is dominance behaviour.

I love it when my goats bounce around like that
lau.gif
It makes my day! They get that excited when I fill up their minerals
idunno.gif
I have a doe who has about 40 days until she kids and she's still bouncing around
big_smile.png

That's her happy goat dance!!! Kinda like a boxer kidneybean dance if you've ever been around boxers. I love it when Dodge does that, that means she's in a really good mood.

Back
Top Bottom