Is this normal?

Chicken whisperer 45

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2019
ok so a few months ago we got three birds from tractor supply one was a bit larger and would stay that way for the next 6weeks until the other got larger than her and her/his (see where I’m heading with this?) legs kept growing!! Well she looks like she’s bred with a hawk or eagle lol she’s the strongest of the bunch and the biggest baby when it comes to personal contact! She acts like it’s her last moments on earth when you pick her up! Lol anyway we were pouring our coffee a couple weeks ago and heard this god awful noise out back, we hurried out to investigate only to find out hen acting like the man of the house!!! Lmao
She’s made a chore of it every morning now and I’m wondering if it’s actually a male (rooster) or if this is normal for the top of the pecking order to slip into this roll?
Well guys I’ve tried to upload a video but ran out of time trying to make it work right stay tuned I’ll get down someday lol have a wonderful day!!!

What breeds did you acquire? They all grow at different rates and have unique behaviors. It is very hard to decide on sex at a young age when they are all different breeds.

Back
Top Bottom