Is this normal

SweetTooth278

Hatching
Mar 7, 2021
I have 3 Japanese quails 2 girls and 1 boy. One of my females is kind of younger than my other 2 quails and everytime my male try’s to breed with her she chases him away then does it to the other female.......I’m really confused on what’s happening and I need answers 😂

I have 3 Japanese quails 2 girls and 1 boy. One of my females is kind of younger than my other 2 quails and everytime my male try’s to breed with her she chases him away then does it to the other female.......I’m really confused on what’s happening and I need answers 😂
She chases away the other female?

She chases away the other female?
Yeah I don’t know why she does it to her but she only does it when the male try’s to breed with her, it’s like she’s frustrated or something that she is the one that gets picked on lol but she might be playing who knows

Yeah I don’t know why she does it to her but she only does it when the male try’s to breed with her, it’s like she’s frustrated or something that she is the one that gets picked on lol but she might be playing who knows
She may just not like him. If she isn’t laying, she will run away or defend herself. If she is laying, then she does not want to submit to him. She may eventually come round to liking him. Quail don’t really “play” but if they’re not actually harming one another the situation can be left to resolve on its own.
You may want to consider getting more females to satisfy the male in case he starts to get violent out of frustration. In most cases, males need around 5 hens to be satisfied and not beat up on them.

Back
Top Bottom