Is this normal?

Justmekdb

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2023
I have an Old English rooster named Emilio. He dances for me every morning, will fly up to my shoulder, head bump me and fly off, and he also brings me small things, like pieces of corn, dried grass, little flowers, etc. He is never mean to any people, but will chase the other roos away. Is this normal?

I pick him up and carry him around all the time, he likes it when I rub his comb. He always falls asleep. I have had him since he was a baby. All of my Old Englishes, including the hens, have always flown up on my shoulders to greet me.

I pick him up and carry him around all the time, he likes it when I rub his comb. He always falls asleep. I have had him since he was a baby. All of my Old Englishes, including the hens, have always flown up on my shoulders to greet me.
If that's the case then it sounds like he's showing you affection!

Then I guess it's 'normal'.
How old are these birds, in weeks or months?

Back
Top Bottom