Is this normal ?

ooRachyoo

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
Devon England
I've had my 16week pullets for a few days and I'm new to chickens, they have taken over my life I don't leave the house so I can watch them get about their day, but I've starting clucking and making chicken noises, I now refer to my self as Momma Hen, is this normal Behaviour in humans
From a new Momma hen in love with her flock

I don't know if it's normal but if everyone were normal we'd live in a pretty boring world!! Besides it's probably not anymore strange than peeping which is what I do when I'm around our little chicks. Lol.

My mom does some of that, she spends more time with our chickens than I think is healthy. And my aunt started clucking at our hens two days after she came to visit. And I will admit that I cluck at my girls when they make rude chicken noises at me. lol

I raised mine from egg and spent hours every day holding them and talking to them and stuff, but by the time they reached 16 weeks they all began running from me (unless I have bread). They do eat out of my hand and come when I call them though, which is a huge improvement over the last generation.

Howdy ooRachyoo

Sounds perfectly normal to me!
wink.png

I have complete conversations with my chickens....and my dogs for that matter. The chickens and I discuss the overly early demand for mealworms and release for free ranging.

At least chickens are living things you can actually interact with. If you really want to talk about what's normal or not, what about those videos depicting women and their silicon babies they treat as real? Now that's disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom