Is this okay to feed Pekin ducks?

Bubblesandbambi

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
Hi! Would this be okay to feed Pekin ducks? Female Pekin ducks who are a little over 1 years old. I’m switching their feed because I noticed it molds a bit quickly. This is nutrena NatureWise 16% Layer Crumble. They used to eat agrimaster brand 16% layer crumble feed. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 13610C84-EF9C-4A72-8750-DE0B7EA07882.png
    13610C84-EF9C-4A72-8750-DE0B7EA07882.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
It's OK but you need to provide laying female ducks extra niacin. My son uses brewer's yeast 1 tablespoon sprinkled on each cup of layer pellets.

How do you store your duck pellets? My son and I both keep ducks in hot steamy Florida and haven't been troubled by moldy feed. We store ours in air tight metal bins (from Tractor Supply and Home Depot. These keep rats and raccoons out, too but would need a bunny cord to keep out bears

Its ok for them yes, but if you give the pellet form instead of crumbles there is less chance of them ever choking on it
I give my ducks the nutrena nature wise all flock pellets and always oyster shell on the side in a separate dish
also I feed their own egg shells back to them after baking them for a few minutes and crush to dime size
the all flock has more b vitamins than the layer feed
I still sometimes add nutritional yeast

It's OK but you need to provide laying female ducks extra niacin. My son uses brewer's yeast 1 tablespoon sprinkled on each cup of layer pellets.

How do you store your duck pellets? My son and I both keep ducks in hot steamy Florida and haven't been troubled by moldy feed. We store ours in air tight metal bins (from Tractor Supply and Home Depot. These keep rats and raccoons out, too but would need a bunny cord to keep out bears
There's also Fresh Eggs Daily brewers yeast that is 2 small scoops for every cup and also gives measurements to mix large amounts. Also has immune boosters in it as well. I've been using since my ducks were a couple weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom