Is this pink colored blood alright to be in my one week old poult?

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
It’s not like a bright red but more of a pinkish and it was on normal brown poop. She opens her mouth a lot like yawning but I don’t thinks he is sick with anything. I have already swabbed her mouth for gapeworms and it’s not a gasping for air motion like on videos. My iPhone flash made it seem redder than it actually is and it doesn’t help her red lamp is pretty close. The red tint on everything is the bulb so she isn’t pooping pure blood. I have seen it before but its not on every single poop.
EBC2E712-3DDD-4697-9BD4-7D19E456D032.jpeg

Are you feeding it treats? If so, what kind of treats are you feeding it.

If not, get it on Corid immediately.
No I don’t feed her treats. I have had animals with coccidious before so I do have corid but her blood isn’t bright red like with coccidious, It’s more of a pink? It isn’t in every poop either. I just want to make sure because I don’t want to give her medication if she doesn’t need it and make her sick when she isn’t acting sick. I am not trying to fight you on anything, I just want to make sure. Also since I am here, is it safe to put young but old enough turkeys out with chickens,ducks and geese? I have heard of blackhead but I have seen people put turkeys with chickens without a issue. I was planning on putting the turkeys out with my others when they are old enough. I guess I could make a pen where no other chickens have been but the other two pens my chickens and others have been in before. Is it safe to put them out with my other birds? They also have eaten worms from the dirt before bug not for about a month but the babies wouldn’t go out with them for another month or more.
D9DF6C54-6F35-4683-8A19-155CD9A48B2E.jpeg

If it isn't coccidiosis, Corid will not hurt it. If it is, Corid may save it's life.

The question about treats is because they can cause the excrement to change colors. I have seen ACV cause a similar effect.

If you are not in an are where blackhead is a problem, you can keep chickens and turkeys together. There are other reasons that keeping chickens and turkeys together can be a bad idea,

If blackhead is a problem it can be very harmful to keep turkeys and chickens together or to keep turkeys on ground that chickens have been on.

If it isn't coccidiosis, Corid will not hurt it. If it is, Corid may save it's life.

The question about treats is because they can cause the excrement to change colors. I have seen ACV cause a similar effect.

If you are not in an are where blackhead is a problem, you can keep chickens and turkeys together. There are other reasons that keeping chickens and turkeys together can be a bad idea,

If blackhead is a problem it can be very harmful to keep turkeys and chickens together or to keep turkeys on ground that chickens have been on.
How would I find out if blackhead is a problem where I live? I don’t know of having a problem here but I never tried to find out. Yeah I know she is on newspaper but when she spilled her food, she would eat pine by accident. She will be getting a new friend by next week since they will be hatching this week! Tweety thanks you for your help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 1
How would I find out if blackhead is a problem where I live? I don’t know of having a problem here but I never tried to find out. Yeah I know she is on newspaper but when she spilled her food, she would eat pine by accident. She will be getting a new friend by next week since they will be hatching this week! Tweety thanks you for your help
Call your local County Extension agent. Others who might know are local veterinarians and local feed stores.

Back
Top Bottom