Is this pink or red?

Vwise507

Songster
Jul 17, 2018
East coast central Florida
My girls are all 23 weeks old. I can’t tell if their combs are red or pink? They do change colors with exertion, some I know for sure are pink and still dry looking but others I’m not sure. These girls pictured all have had color changes in the last month but I’m not sure if it’s as red as they will get or if they will get redder.

The first pic is of one of my EEs, she’s been squatting for a week and is the only one squatting. her comb changes from this color in the first pic to the color in the second pic.

Third pic shows said EE next to my buttercup whose comb and wattles always look like the color in the pic.

Forth is just a good pic of my buttercup for reference.

Fifth pic is one of my other EEs and her comb never changes from this color, it’s like a pink/red. Not sure if that’s pink or red.

7D7FEA5E-BC29-4948-9265-47228B7C8A7D.jpeg
B647D83E-4FC0-4427-A399-58D87931E911.jpeg
3A179613-7170-4A03-A576-FCE0D01326F7.jpeg
84DE3B05-AF08-4F5B-B1A4-8BE8C12D9114.jpeg
2D16DFC4-2FA4-4BF7-AA30-E5F012DC331F.jpeg

I think that Buttercup has a red comb. The other ones have pinkish combs, but that’s pretty normal. My Easter Eggers comb isn’t fully red, either, and she’s almost 3 years old.

Not all will get brilliant red....but you'll know it once you see it.
At this age it's kinda maddening-especially the first year, 'the redder during exertion' gets you all excited, then they pale back out.
I remember the first pullet that started laying and got really red and plump and shiny,
and was like..."oh, that's what it looks like!!"

Not all will get brilliant red....but you'll know it once you see it.
At this age it's kinda maddening-especially the first year, 'the redder during exertion' gets you all excited, then they pale back out.
I remember the first pullet that started laying and got really red and plump and shiny,
and was like..."oh, that's what it looks like!!"

Thank you. I’ve got about 5 girls whose combs are still super pink and dry and even though theirs change darker when they are running and such it’s still not like these girls pictured. It’s almost seems like there is a middle ground between pink and red. Ha

also 3 other girls squatted for me today for the first time. The buttercup and the last EE here pictured. The other new squater is one of my pink dry combed EEs that I had no hope for an egg anytime soon. So we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom