Is this rabbit knocked up/ Whos my daddy?(solved #77 pg8)

ok, i'm still learning genetics but correct me if i'm wrong there is a fawn and opal pictured above not a fawn and a gray right? so in order to throw those colors in babies doesn't that mean the opal above is the father? opal is a dilute chestnut right?

Quote:
There is no color referred to simply as "gray" in rabbit colors. Understand, now, that I don't breed Flemish, so I'm just guessing from the description what these names mean - Flemish have a "Light Gray" (looks more like a Dilute Chin (Squirrel) than anything else I can think of) and a "Steel Gray" which is probably a Steeled Chinchilla. The mixed-breed rabbit that the OP called a grey is probably either an Opal or a Squirrel, so it could be the father of the litter. Fawn is supposed to be a dilute, non-extension chestnut, so it is a possible sire as well [I just looked it up, Flemish "Fawns" have brown eyes, so they apparently aren't dilutes after all!!] I don't know if the OP's Blue Steel is Steeled Chestnut base or a Steeled Chin, so I can't be sure if we can rule him out or not.

wait,
he.gif
i used to raise flemish and i have friends that still do, i forgot flemish come in- Black---Blue---Fawn---Light Gray---Sandy---Steel Gray---White, till i went to my friends today and saw her flemish. it's not an opal wrong breed i'm sorry(i have e-lops on the brain,lol), if it is a flemish or flemish x it is a sandy. i forgot flemish come in sandy. the light gray looks like a regular chin and a steel looks like a black chin if that makes sence. steel in a flemish, it would look like a steeled chin the blue is a blue same as blue in other breeds if that helps.

i do not know the genetics of sandy though but yes fawns have brown eyes all ours did. only breed i remember comes in just gray is dutch.

Their little eyes are open now, and they are really active inside the nest now.
Wont be but a few more days till they start venturing out of the nest I think . . .

Ill get lots more pics once they come out of the nest, its soo cold out I dont wanna stress em out.

Baby rabbits make the cutest little squeaky sounds

So here they are!
5 healthy babies, and the colors are really startin to show.
There is the agouti, there are 2 steel, and 2 blacks(1 has a white foot).
I guess my steel flemish must be the daddy, tho to my knowledge he has never been within 10ft of this particular female . . .
They are soo cute.

As a side note, dont bring 5 new baby bunnies into the house, set them all on the floor, and try to take pics 1 at a time . . .
These little guys were all over the place, and of course would find the hardest-to-reach places to hide in.
I just put my computer desk and couch back into the original positions after a .5hr long hunt

ababybunny012.jpg

ababybunny011.jpg

ababybunny010.jpg

ababybunny009.jpg

ababybunny008.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, they are pretty cute as babies . . .

But they always grow up . . .

Mamma is big and ugly, if the flemish is the dad then he is BIG(but a handsome devil;) ) and so these cute little babies are gonna be some big ugly gangly half-breed rabbits.

I made an appt to have all the rest of my male "pet" rabbits neutered, this wont happen again.
$90 will solve this problem
tongue.gif

Very cute! That second one from the bottom is especially pretty.

I'm no rabbit expert. My opinion on a pretty bunny may be far different from those who "know" bunnies. (I only know MY bunny...)

Back
Top Bottom