Is this really a Silver-Laced Wyandotte?

kklowell

Songster
Mar 2, 2018
Bridgton, Maine
In the pictures of these babies, I don't see any with as few light-colored spots as mine. I only have the one and bought her from a reputable dealer. I tried for the last hour to find a photo editor for my phone that would allow me to just crop to the one bird, but I couldn't find one that worked for my small skill set. She's the darkest bird.
silvia.jpg
20180402_093033.jpg

Some SLW hens have fewer lighter-colored spots, as seen in the picture below. As their feathers mature, I imagine more spots will appear. I've never raised a SLW (although I'd love to) but knowing from a Golden Laced Cochin and Speckled Sussex, that is usually how it works. Also, how old is the chick? It may just be the lighting, but its comb appears to be redder than the others, which is a sign of young roo.
silver_laced_wyandotte_3.jpg

My Saw didn't have black feet, they had Tyler... i
Edit:
Wow my phone is acting weird.
I meant to say your"SLW" chick has black feet but the breed should have bright yellow feet.

Last edited:
I did notice the dark leg color today, but didn't know if that was normal or not. We got her two weeks ago today, so I'd guess she's maybe 2.5 weeks old or so. I forgot to ask when I bought her so I don't know her exact age.

Back
Top Bottom