So a couple months ago someone on my duckling list backed out because she was going out of the country and her dad decided she'd better wait. Fine. Not a huge deal, although it did mean I ended up raising three ducklings I hadn't planned on raising and might have been able to up-sell to previous folks on the list if I'd tried. Anyway, she said she still wanted ducklings and that my end of July hatch would be perfect timing. So I told her the hatch date was July 29, give or take two days, and that the babies would be ready approximately 24 hours after the hatch. And that I would contact her when they started hatching to give her a better idea of exact dates and pick-up times. So today I sent her an email to let her know that the babies were starting to hatch and that babies could be picked up Thursday, Friday, or on the weekend. She wrote back to say that it was a real shame because she was planning to come to Charlotte with her mom tomorrow and wanted to pick up her ducklings then. She's not sure when she would be available again. Um. Tomorrow's the 28th. I told her weeks ago that the ducklings were likely to be ready by the 30th (i.e., hatch around the 29th and be ready 24 hours later). What in heaven's name made her think it was a good idea to make plans to come get the ducklings on the 26th? And if coming to Charlotte to pick them up is such a big deal that she doesn't think she can make it any other time in the near future, what was she thinking in asking me to reserve ducklings for her? Am I in the wrong here? Overreacting? I am just feeling very cranky and this kind of irresponsibility annoys me. I was quite ready to overlook the initial problem because I figured she's just young and her father's wiser head prevailed. But now... just cranky. Luckily, it's a sold out hatch with a waiting list, so if she can't make arrangements to come at the specified time, then the ducklings will go to the next person on the list. I feel bad for her but... sheesh.