is this roo a ameraucana or ee?

shennessey818

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 1, 2014
Michigan
Just got this beautiful rooster.was told he was a ameraucana.i dont know the difference between ee and ameraucanas. If you could help me out i would appreciate it.tia

Ee have the all over color like yours does, where's true Amerucunas are either, black, blue, silver, white, wheaten, blue wheaten, etc. they all have the muff that covers most of their face. EE Can have the muffs too

How can u tell?

To be a true Ameracauna, he would need to be a color that they come in. Look up the Ameracauna Association online, they have pics of all the colors, you can compare your roo to the colors in those pics.

Does it make a big difference to you? If you are wanting to show or sell pure stock, you should invest in some good quality birds or eggs. If you are just wanting to breed more EE's, then he will do fine.

Your bird's comb looks off - the standard for an Ameraucana calls for a pea comb, and the photos of your bird appear not to show that.

Your bird's comb looks off - the standard for an Ameraucana calls for a pea comb, and the photos of your bird appear not to show that.
I can't see the comb well enough to see whether it's actually a pea comb or not. It is definitely not a single comb. Maybe you can post a closeup of the comb.

Back
Top Bottom