Is this roundworms?

Kate6790

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2021
I have 3, 12 week old wyandottes that I got a few weeks ago. Today I noticed that one of them had some funky looking poop. Is this roundworms? It wasn't spread out like that at first, it was all a solid clump but I was curious and spread it out with a stick. I've never seen poop like this with my older girls.

Attachments

• 20210616_081444.jpg
    20210616_081444.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 16
If she continues to shed intestinal lining, it's a concern and she may have coccidiosis like you mentioned. You can purchase Corid 9.6% liquid solution and add it to water for her to drink. Dosage is 9.5ml per gallon of water for 5 days. Make it fresh daily and dont add anything else to the mixture. Dont give her anything containing thiamine while treating her with the Corid. Corid can be found in the cattle section at a feed store.
Make sure feeders and waterers are feces free.

If she continues to shed intestinal lining, it's a concern and she may have coccidiosis like you mentioned. You can purchase Corid 9.6% liquid solution and add it to water for her to drink. Dosage is 9.5ml per gallon of water for 5 days. Make it fresh daily and dont add anything else to the mixture. Dont give her anything containing thiamine while treating her with the Corid. Corid can be found in the cattle section at a feed store.
Make sure feeders and waterers are feces free.
Thanks again for the info. I will keep an eye on her and her sisters. She seems to be fine, eating and drinking normal and very active. Let's hope it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom