Is This Safe For The Chickens.

Quote:
Love how you put they fall into one of the catagories! lol! Yes they are children to some of us!
lau.gif

I know most stuff says it safe for kids and pets after it is watered in, or after spray dries etc. They are probably thinking "safe" for kids or pets to WALK on. Chickens scratch and dig things up (so do terrier dogs etc.) I would think it could affect THEM badly.

I use granules as they seem to work best. I also loved the categories for the chickens haha. So funny. I think when I pick stuff up I will call. I haven't found anything else yet that works and I do have to put my son's safety before the chickens so if I have to leave them in the run I will. We will be expanding it next weekend anyway. Right now they have the 8x8 ft area under the coop and a 10x10 run and we are extending that to 20x20 so that will give them a lot more room in there. Does anyone know of something organic that will work? Price is a factor of course because we have to use so much.

I called/emailed the #s on the back of the bottles of pesticides and from what i learned all are harmful and dangerous to any grazing animal, cows, horses, goats, chickens, and turkeys. they told me if you spray them in the yard i would need to keep the aniamls away for at least a year.
this what I got from the makers of BUG B GONE

Thank you for your interest in Scotts and for the opportunity to help you with your lawn and garden endeavors.

Mr. -------, any animal that uses grass as a food source, such as horses and cattle, chickens, ducks, and geese, will not be able to graze in an area where Ortho Bug B Gon MAX Lawn & Garden Insect Killer has been applied for at least one year. You may want to contact your local agricultural extension agency for more information on the availability of an appropriate product.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Scotts. Please feel free to contact our company anytime we may be of assistance.

Michelle Kindell
Consumer Response Representative
The Scotts Company and Subsidiaries
14111 Scottslawn Road
Marysville, OH 43041
800-225-2883

Umm, they are already eating the grass where it has been applied before. The last time we applied it was May. Soooo, maybe I should have asked before huh? What is DE? I have no choice but to use something that will work. My son comes first. His life is more important than my chicken's ability to free range. What organic products are there that would be safe? Where could I get them if there are any?

Back
Top Bottom