is this size coop big enough for some quail

I have 4 coturnix in a cage almost exactly that size and it works fine. I'm not sure about the size difference between the two types of quail though.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

thanks i just said bobwhite cause i dont know what kind of quail im getting.. i see alot of people on here and craigslist selling bobwhite.... also while on the subject what can i expect to pay for some bobwhite or coturnix???

I would go with coturnix becuase there mellow, bobwhites your going to need a big flight pen becuase they like to fly and get starteled if something scares them and if they hit the roof with enough force they can brake there necks. just my 00.2 o and make sure to take lots of pics!
smile.png

thanks i will look for some coturnix on craigslist.. my coop is crappy looking right now and right now i dont wont to take pics cause i will be embarassed...lol...i have some silkies in there to see if it works( just seeing if it can keep them in)...what is a good price for coturnix????if someone is selling them, i dont want to get rip off cause this is my first time going into quail????

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it depends if they are chicks, adults, roos, hens, pairs ect.. i dont know alot about quail either so i really dont know what the price would be. theres some people selling some on the other poultry section on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom