Is this some practical joke??

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by emilyjordan, Sep 10, 2009.

1. emilyjordan

emilyjordan New Egg

Sep 10, 2009
    Motorist Calls 911, Responders Find 2 Foot Long Aircraft
    Apparently those radio-controlled models can be pretty lifelike, at least from a distance. A motorist crossing the Interstate 526 bridge over the Wando River in Charleston, South Carolina saw a smoking aircraft plunging towards the water and called 911, scrambling three fire trucks and a battalion chief to the scene.

The Charleston Post and Courier reports that when they arrived, they found a Charleston police officer talking to two people under the bridge who were flying their model RC helicopter.

Charleston Police Public Information Officer Mark Ruppel told the paper that the officer had realized the crashing aircraft was not the real thing, but went to investigate anyway. We at ANN suppose the moral of the story is that anything that even resembles an aircraft falling from the sky is going to attract someone's attention, so be sure you're careful out there no matter what you're flying.

Can you believe it??? I don't think I'd know what to think either! Thank goodness no one was hurt!​

2. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

yep, glad no one was hurt, but it sure did cost the city/county/citizens a lot to send out those trucks.

I hope it was a mistake and not a practical joke.

meri

3. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    i live in charleston and most people are use to this it was prolly a tourist or someone new to the area

when did this take place i havent heard it on the news

Quote:Can you believe it??? I don't think I'd know what to think either! Thank goodness no one was hurt!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by