Is this the correct way... fauxhawk time!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nook addict, Jul 29, 2011.

1. nook addict

nook addict Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    At B&N
    I'm not 100% sure if I enjoy this hairstyle on me, but I tried it out. Is this the correct way, and does it look ok?

Thanks! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA Please keep in mind I don't have the proper gel... so the sparse spots in the second picture are accidents. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I think it looks good. If you want to go all the way, see a stylist to have it cut in a way to work with it easier (certain angles and texture help the look happen easier) and get some TiGi Manipulator or another type of design putty (most waxes are too greasy and most gels are too stiff... you want the hold without it getting crispy or greasy) and then finish it off with a firm hold spray.

Also when styling, you want clean, dry hair. That prevents the hair from grouping tight enough to see the scalp, unless you overdose on the product, that will cause that too.

3. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    When I was in High School, that hair style looks like what happens after a "swirly".

4. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    I thought this was the fauxhawk. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. epignosisjs

epignosisjs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I nearly spit out my coffee! [​IMG]

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think it looks good! After a couple times of practice you'll get really good at styling the way you way. The first time I do my hair a different style, it always looks like a mess! LOL I'm a girl and the easiest way for me is thrown up in a pony tail. I rarely deviate!

I think you would look great with the top smoothed down a bit and spiked in the very front. My brother used to wear his hair like that and I always think it looks very good guys who have the right hair for it.

7. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    [​IMG] Yikes, Randy! That's just too weird. What movie was that from? [​IMG]

Nice hair, nook!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by