Is this the ordered EE, or 'free mystery rare breed'?

why is everyone assuming this is a girl? pic on the left shows an upright stance, indicating a male. also, many of the "free" chicks turn out to be boys, because the hatcheries just need to get rid of them...

I have had many chicks that stood up like (up right stance?) and all turned out hens... also had EE chicks that color turn out to be hens

Quote:
Probably b/c I said it was a girl.
wink.png

I specifically ordered female EE's, so if she is an EE, and not some other breed thrown in for free, its a girl.... unless they missexed her (i think its a 1/10 chance?)

I thought if you agreed to the free chick that it wasn't necessarily gonna be a girl because your others are girls. I guess you will find out soon enough......

Quote:
Probably b/c I said it was a girl.
wink.png

I specifically ordered female EE's, so if she is an EE, and not some other breed thrown in for free, its a girl.... unless they missexed her (i think its a 1/10 chance?)

Quote:
So...they ordered female EE's AND are also expecting a free chick. They just want to know if it's an EE, which should be female...as ordered, or the mystery chick, which, you are correct, can be either boy or girl.

Last edited:
Is she more active than your other breeds? My EE baby is the most spastic of the bunch. I have BOs and White Rocks in with her. She's always creating the most drama and makes the most noise! LOL!

Quote:
I think time will tell; right now, all the chicks in this group are hyper- except for the Cuckoo Marans Male- he's the quietest chick I've ever seen... i don't know if he is lazy, or just being very calm and observant, ready to jump into action at the first sign of (so far non-existent) danger

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom