Is this the right kind of DE?

Randy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
AR
I picked this up this morning at the feed store. I know there are different kinds. In the past they have carried the red earth kind and that was all they had. I knew this bag looked different than the red earth kind I use to get. I'm hoping this is the good stuff. It was 29.95 for a 50lb bag of it.

24884_de.jpg

Thanks! I tried doing a search here and kept getting a fatal error message.

Do you order online or from a store. I haven't found it in the Raleigh area at all. One feed store hd a baag but NO where on the bag did it say food grade and the lady was sort of ticked at me because I wouldn't get it. But doesn't have to say food grade?

Quote:
YES, it MUST say food grade. The other type of DE is used with pools and is not safe.

I got a feed store to order it for me. Cost me $27/bag I think, which is way more than what lots of people can get it for (and it's not eve the Red Lake Earth, which is better)

I'm not 100% convinced of it's efficacy and would love to find some scientific studies it's effects on internal parasites, etc., but it's relatively cheap and won't hurt them, so I do use it. Actually, I originally bought it to feed to the horses. I started an experiment of my own to see if it helps with the worms or not.

Back
Top Bottom