Is this the same bird??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kharmon320, Jul 31, 2016.

1. kharmon320

kharmon320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2015
    South Carolina
    So, I got rid of 3 six-week old chicks about 7 weeks ago. I knew for sure that two were cockerels and I was iffy on the third, but it was a very dominant, huge chick that I was suspicious was a cockerel. The lady who took the chicks sent me pics today. I just don't think it could possibly be the same bird. She already had at least 20 EE pullets, so I'm thinking she got it mixed up. The chick had very white legs, but the bird she pictured has slate legs. I'm not saying the coloring couldn't be the same bird, but the underfluff is a different color.

Here was Tikka at 6 weeks:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the photo she sent today at 13 weeks:

[​IMG]

Do you think it could possibly be the same bird? It looks more developed than the ones I kept and the pictures of the cockerels.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

They certainly do look similar, but leg color doesn't spontaneously change. Those are two different birds.

3. kharmon320

kharmon320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2015
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the confirmation. Not that it mattered, but I was kicking myself for getting rid of that bird until I realized it didn't quite look right.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    no, it isn't the same bird

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Definitely a different breed