Is this the same bird??

kharmon320

Songster
Sep 6, 2015
South Carolina
So, I got rid of 3 six-week old chicks about 7 weeks ago. I knew for sure that two were cockerels and I was iffy on the third, but it was a very dominant, huge chick that I was suspicious was a cockerel. The lady who took the chicks sent me pics today. I just don't think it could possibly be the same bird. She already had at least 20 EE pullets, so I'm thinking she got it mixed up. The chick had very white legs, but the bird she pictured has slate legs. I'm not saying the coloring couldn't be the same bird, but the underfluff is a different color.

Here was Tikka at 6 weeks:

Here's the photo she sent today at 13 weeks:

Do you think it could possibly be the same bird? It looks more developed than the ones I kept and the pictures of the cockerels.

Last edited:
So, I got rid of 3 six-week old chicks about 7 weeks ago. I knew for sure that two were cockerels and I was iffy on the third, but it was a very dominant, huge chick that I was suspicious was a cockerel. The lady who took the chicks sent me pics today. I just don't think it could possibly be the same bird. She already had at least 20 EE pullets, so I'm thinking she got it mixed up. The chick had very white legs, but the bird she pictured has slate legs. I'm not saying the coloring couldn't be the same bird, but the underfluff is a different color.

Here was Tikka at 6 weeks:

Here's the photo she sent today at 13 weeks:

Do you think it could possibly be the same bird? It looks more developed than the ones I kept and the pictures of the cockerels.
Definitely a different breed

Back
Top Bottom