Is this too far?

Serama Newbee

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 12, 2011
Unincorporated Rockford
Hey guys, here's an article I thought was a little interesting. It shows legislation that would force egg producers to have more space and better conditions for battery hens. What do you think about it? Does it go too far in taking away some of our constitutional personal rights? This is open for discussion, but please respect other people's views, and try to keep this appropriate for all ages we have on the forum.
smile.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...propose-federal-standards-for-egg-laying-hens

The article says the new laws would include a "a ban on starving chickens as a means of increasing egg production" What does that mean I wonder? I am all for treating animals right, but starving chickens is pretty vauge... does that mean not restricting feed at all??? I don't think there is anything wrong with not having feed infront of them 24-7.....

I haven't read the article, so I shouldn't post. But I can tell you this, and it's not just about chickens. When legislators stick their noses into things they know nothing about they usually end up making things worse for everyone involved. BTW, if you starve chickens you are not going to get many eggs.

Hey guys, here's an article I thought was a little interesting. It shows legislation that would force egg producers to have more space and better conditions for battery hens. What do you think about it? Does it go too far in taking away some of our constitutional personal rights? This is open for discussion, but please respect other people's views, and try to keep this appropriate for all ages we have on the forum.
smile.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...propose-federal-standards-for-egg-laying-hens

You're having a laugh, ain't yer?
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I haven't read the article, so I shouldn't post. But I can tell you this, and it's not just about chickens. When legislators stick their noses into things they know nothing about they usually end up making things worse for everyone involved. BTW, if you starve chickens you are not going to get many eggs.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited:

goodpost.gif

``(4) `Eggs from caged hens' to indicate that the egg-laying hens from which the eggs or egg products
were derived were, during egg production, housed in caging devices that either--
``(A) do not contain adequate environmental enrichments; or
``(B) do not provide the hens a minimum of 116 square inches of individual floor space per brown hen
and 101 square inches of individual floor space per white hen.'';

116 sq. in. for brown hens and only 101 sq. in. for white hens sounds racist to me.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom