Is this vent gleet? (warning: pretty groddy picture)

This may be an obvious question but if she's about 4lbs it seems like I'd be giving her just under half of that 500mg tablet per dosing? Do you know how long it's recommended to treat?

Thanks again for all of the help. I forgot I had penicillin in the fridge so I ended up going with that because I felt more comfortable with the dosage (1/4 cc injected). I'll continue it until a few days after her infection dies down. It does look better now after only having a topical antibiotic on it. I also ended up doing penicillin in both ends because I have Quartermaster for mastitis treatment and applied that to her vent. I'll post a follow up! Hopefully it's positive. (also she has never had any change in her disposition - she is lively and well - in fact she leapt out of her soaking at one point screaming bloody murder and led me on a good chase around the yard until she tried to sneak under a bush to hide)

Thanks again for all of the help. I forgot I had penicillin in the fridge so I ended up going with that because I felt more comfortable with the dosage (1/4 cc injected). I'll continue it until a few days after her infection dies down. It does look better now after only having a topical antibiotic on it. I also ended up doing penicillin in both ends because I have Quartermaster for mastitis treatment and applied that to her vent. I'll post a follow up! Hopefully it's positive. (also she has never had any change in her disposition - she is lively and well - in fact she leapt out of her soaking at one point screaming bloody murder and led me on a good chase around the yard until she tried to sneak under a bush to hide)
Is she laying eggs?

I don't think so. I can't say for certain but I'd be very surprised if she was and I haven't seen her in a nesting box for a long time. But she's part of a group of hens that are in molt right now also.

Back
Top Bottom