Is this what I think it is? (a rip-off??)

Got a quick reply!!!

Hi, I saw this item on eBay and thought you might be interested.
i bought 1 dozen of these at hammond harewares, i give 13.50 each plus shipping. they worked so well for me and i was tring to pass a good product on to others, not tring to rip off anybody. i am sorry you feel this way. but i will look at walmart here in mississippi. not all stores carry the same items. but i thank you for your comments.

DIGITAL HYGROMETER & TEMPERATURE MONITER-INCUBATOR EGGS

Current price: $10.50
End time: Dec-19-08 13:46:36 PST

Sent him a message back..........

I just know they are not that expensive…..sorry you got ripped on your original buy.

Jen

It was a nicer reply than I expected.
roll.png

lau.gif
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Well you know what, he is the one that has to answer to the man upstairs when his day comes! Not me, I am off the hook..............on this one anyway! there are plenty I have to answer for! LOL
hide.gif

he replied back again........
roll.png

From him
hello, i sent you the only product like mine i could find it is on ebay.i am not aware that walmart carries this item. i got these at a hareware store. and they work really well , so i thought someone else might like them. i gave 13.50 each for them, but i will check at walmart.

from me
I do hope you can find them at your Walmart online. They will ship them directly to your store for pickup and no shipping.
You should tell whomever you bought yours from that they ripped you off too.

From him:
i ask hammond hardware and this is the site they gave me where they came from http://www.ambientweather.com/sp91551.html look at this site.

from me
WOW, they are downright crazy!!!! If you need some call me…..I will get them from Wal-mart!

It's really not a rip off. The seller is not forcing the buyer to purchase it. If the buyer chooses to purchase it without researching other avenues to get it at the best price then so be it. This happens quite frequently on ebay. For instance, just consider the Wii systems. New in stores they are around $250. On ebay they generally go for $300 or higher. If people are willing to buy any item at the advertised price, then it's a mutually agreed upon sale. I recently sold a slightly used no name brand saddle to some people that drove over 2 hours to come get it. There is a local horse sale within 1/2 hour from where they live and they could have easily bought a no name brand new saddle for same price. Did I rip them off because I didn't tell them that?

Back
Top Bottom