Is this worms???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sunnychick, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Sunnychick

Sunnychick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2007
    Florida
    I have had this rooster for only two weeks now and he has been doing great. This morning when I let him out he went under the house to sit. I noticed his tail is droopy. His eyes are clear and breathing fine. I did see him eat a little bit but he usually eats a lot in the morning. Here is a picture of his poop this morning which is very different than what it has been. Is this worms or could he have just eaten something in the woods that has made him sick? What should I give him if anything???

[​IMG]

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I really can't see anything. Looks like spinach to me. [​IMG]

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Well it definitely isn't normal looking...too runny instead of 'formed'. It looks like he just ate too much green stuff and may have given him diarrhea? Do they free range or did you give them something extra vegetable-wise that may have disagreed with him?

4. Sunnychick

Jan 17, 2007
    Florida
    I let them out twice a day to free range otherwise they are enclosed in the run. I did not feed him anything different. I have him in a dog crate in the house and he is laying down sound asleep. He sure doesn't look like he feels very good. Is there anything I can give him that would make him feel better?

5. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    keep him calm, warm and isolated from the others, try giving him some electrolyte solution to help give him some strength. Any sneezing, runny nose, smells? hopefully he just ate something that did not agree with him

6. Sunnychick

Jan 17, 2007
    Florida
    Thanks so much for your reply. He has no other symptoms except being lethargic. I have not seen any more green poop either. Do you think trying to feed him some yogurt would help? He has been sleeping all day. Thanks again...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by