Is this wry neck/ crook neck?

HaloAmanda

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2016
Norwalk, Connecticut
Got some chicks from my pet chicken today.
One of the wyandottes has her head stuck down to her chest looking at her feet and walks in circles and falls over. Her head is pointed straight down not up at all.

Thank you. She's only a day old and I don't think she came at or drink on her own. I've been using a syringe to give her water ( with save a chic electrolytes and probiotics) but only putting drops on tip of her beak while supporting her head and letting her drink it on her own. I tried giving some soaked crumbles but she shakes them out of her beak so I blended hard boiled eggs with chick starter, pedialite and a dab of Karo syrup. She ate a very small amount of that and my dad stopped and brought me vitamin e capsules which I have her a little of. I work full time and worry if she makes it they the night she won't be fed enough during the day but I will feed in the morning and on my lunch break.

I work in an animal hospital so I will ask about the prednisone or metacam but I doubt they can dose small enough for such a small chick.

Back
Top Bottom