Is Virulant New Castle back again.

crittercaretech

out of the house and into the grow out coop
Mar 1, 2020
I have shipped handful of birds to new owners in the last few weeks . This morning I was on the USPS website calculating cost to ship two roosters and this message in red letters came up. It did not come up when I calculated shipping costs last week.
KIMG1897.JPG
KIMG1897.JPG

If you cannot read the writing in red it says, "Due to Virulent Newcastle Disease Regional Quarantine in the state of California the postal service will no longer allow shipments of birds(all), hatching or embryonated eggs into it out of zip codes 90000-93599. I wasn't trying to get info about shipping to that area. I haven't had a chance to spend much time researching this today but the short one I was able to I didn't see any recent internet comments about this. Please tell me the USPS has just made a mistake and that this nightmare isn't coming back to California. We are in Nevada near Las Vegas but are only a mile from the California State line and the San Bernardino County line. The destruction of all those birds was just a little too those for comfort last time around. My heart still breaks for the people who had no choice and had to watch their healthy birds being killed right in front of them. I cannot imagine the trauma those people have lived through.

Thank you for looking into this a little further for us. Out here our internet service has been pretty awful while our provider works through some issues so searching for answers was slow going

Back
Top Bottom