Isa Brown 2 eggs in one day

Barbara Q Dad

In the Brooder
May 22, 2017
I presently have 1 Isa brown 28 weeks approximately. She is new to our family approximately 2 weeks. Yesterday my wife collected an egg around 7am. Were so excited to have her we spend our evening's sitting on back deck admiring her and watching her behavior. To our surprise I went to tuck her in last night around 10pm and found she layed another egg. Is this normal? We have been getting an egg a day but never two. How is this possible?

It can happen now and then, especially with the wonky way a new layers system works. The first egg may have been from the day/night before rather than morning it was collected. Is this the only bird you have/is housed with access to where the eggs are appearing?

It can happen now and then, especially with the wonky way a new layers system works. The first egg may have been from the day/night before rather than morning it was collected. Is this the only bird you have/is housed with access to where the eggs are appearing?

Only own 1 chicken so it can't be any other bird. Lol . Did some coop and run redesign over holiday weekend. Buying a few more layers this weekend. It would be extremely unlikely for the 1st egg to have been the previous day. I like your idea of wonky, prolly what it is.

Back
Top Bottom