Isa brown and her wierd behaviors

eggluvr

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 16, 2011
Okay so i have been reading some posts here and i will ask a question. My isa brown is wierd
wink.png
I thought she was sick (but no) then i thought loosing her vision (maybe) now she is laying down with one wing spread out, cooing for a time, then gets up. she is being picked on recently so is hanging alone alot, and has become very affectionate which none of my hens r. We got her in the spring when she was a chick, so could she be getting ready to lay or is she just wierd and maybe loosing her vision?
smile.png
Thanks

The behavior you described - laying down with one wing spread out, cooing for a time, then gets up - sounds an awful lot like sunbathing; a chickens favorite pasttime next to dustbathing.

I once had a half blind hen. I confirmed her blindness by having DH hold her while I slowly brought my finger towards her eye. When she didn't blink, even at the point where my finger was just a tiny fraction away from her eye we knew she was blind in that eye.

However, I have had hens that just got a bit strange when they got very close to laying their first eggs.

Back
Top Bottom