ISA Brown hen/Gold Laced Wyandotte rooster cross

Amylynn514

Chirping
May 5, 2020
Good evening, new poster here...

We hatched a couple of chicks from eggs laid by our ISA Browns. Our rooster is a Gold Laced Wyandotte. I understand the ISA Brown is a hybrid and the chicks will not breed true when bred with an ISA rooster. I'm wondering what might be the outcome in my case?

One chick was very light yellow at hatch. Two weeks later, it has become almost white with a very little tan coloring. The second was brown with darker stripes down it's back at hatch. It has gotten darker and the edges of its feathers are showing a lace pattern like our roo.

As an F1 generation, would the light colored chick be likely to be a cockerel and the darker chick be a pullet? Or is there no way to know at this time?

Thanks for your help!

Any pictures of what these turned out like? I have the same breeds and considering mixing them? Thanks

I don't have current photos, but one pullet looks like a buff orpington with white lacing, the other pullet looks like the ISA with white lacing, and the cockerel looks like the GLW roo but without the black lacing. All have rose combs. Great looking, stocky birds, and the girls are fantastic layers!

In our second hatch, we got a couple of pullets that look a lot like GLW! The chicks have all been a surprise, which has been fun. Good luck!

I don't have current photos, but one pullet looks like a buff orpington with white lacing, the other pullet looks like the ISA with white lacing, and the cockerel looks like the GLW roo but without the black lacing. All have rose combs. Great looking, stocky birds, and the girls are fantastic layers!
Did you bred Wyandotte over ISA Brown? What was your outcome ? I'm curious because I ended up with a pullet (1) from the same mix. She started last week at 19 weeks and has laid for 6 days straight now..... I am shocked and am hoping she keeps it up.

Did you bred Wyandotte over ISA Brown? What was your outcome ? I'm curious because I ended up with a pullet (1) from the same mix. She started last week at 19 weeks and has laid for 6 days straight now..... I am shocked and am hoping she keeps it up.
I now see the whole story. My mix is Silver Laced. I have 7 ISA Brown hens and one went broody at 7 mths old. I was wanting to separate her and leave her with no eggs to sit on but my wife wanted chicks. I had hens only so I got 10 eggs from someone with ISA brown hens and SLW hens and rooster. Only two eggs hatched. 1 male 1 female. He is almost solid white with rose comb.She is the most beautiful chicken I have ever had.She is looking more like a Columbian or a Delaware and has straight comb. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will.

I now see the whole story. My mix is Silver Laced. I have 7 ISA Brown hens and one went broody at 7 mths old. I was wanting to separate her and leave her with no eggs to sit on but my wife wanted chicks. I had hens only so I got 10 eggs from someone with ISA brown hens and SLW hens and rooster. Only two eggs hatched. 1 male 1 female. He is almost solid white with rose comb.She is the most beautiful chicken I have ever had.She is looking more like a Columbian or a Delaware and has straight comb. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will.

Attachments

• PXL_20240213_144336686.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240213_144336686.MP.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom