Isa Browns

I suppose your right. They obviously have it copyrighted. Do you think I'm not getting what I thought I bought? After checking your link, I'm guessing the Isa Brown is more than just a RIR and a White Rock cross. The real Isa Brown parent stock has probably been cross breed over and over to achieve the current breed (much like the Cornish X).

What do you think?

Last edited:
What Steve says. They should still lay well, though
smile.png

Pat

digitS' :

Well, if they are RIR and White Plymouth Rocks with the silver-factor genes, I think you'd just have to call them Red Sex-Links.

Sex-Links - Feathersite

Steve

I wish I knew more about how the sex linked genes work. If anyone has any links to informative articles about this topic, I would enjoy reading them and appreciate the info.

ETA: Nevermind sex linked info, I see it is described at the feathersite.com link provided by Steve.​

Last edited:
They are going to lay good but not as good as the isa browns themselves. Like you said it goes beyond the typical cross, most end result chicks come from 4 different lines like the broiler chicks.

They will lay better than a dual purpose though if this is what your looking for.

Quote:
I don't know for sure. I will say they will be good layers. There are tons of different "production reds" out there. The have been breed to increase livabilty and egg laying. I don't think we will be dissappointed.

They are wonderful chickens!  I have an unheated coop, insulated with straw.  Mine laid all winter long, even during that month of 20-30* below temps.  They are so funny and smart!  You will love them.  Very easy to handle.

Back
Top Bottom