ISA Brown's

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by SowdersHomestead, Dec 2, 2011.

1. SowdersHomestead

SowdersHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Does anyone know where to get ISA Brown's from. I've been told that Townline in Zeeland, MI does. Was hoping for a hatchery closer.

Thanks

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I think they are the sole source of ISA browns.

3. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Yes, Townline is the only place with them. I've ordered from them and they were very nice to work with. I ordered 200 chicks from them this spring and has some problems with the post office--they lost my order, it arrived a day later than it should have, and then they neglected to call me when the box came in and it sat in a 100+ degree area for several hours before I got it, so the birds were in a lot of distress when I got them home and I lost a lot of them over the first four days, I think they got brain damaged from the heat and couldn't figure out how to eat and drink right. (Not Townline's fault at all) I called Townline and they replaced everything that died in those first few days, not just the DOAs. They were very polite and easy to deal with on the phone. The chicks were large and healthy and fast growing birds, I was quite impressed by them. I ordered ISAs, Buff Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Easter Eggers, (all pullets) and another box of assorted straight run chicks. I would order from them again, and the ISAs were very nice birds.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Some others will drop ship, but they likely just get them Townline as well. Thinking of Randall Burkey. Don't know of any other drop shippers offering ISAs.

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

We're fortunate up here in that Townline supplies TSC and other feed type stores with each spring.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Yes we are the only hatchery that sells Isa's direct. We will start shipping in Feb. this year.

7. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Randall Burkey Company offers ISA Browns but must be purchased in orders of 25.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by