IsAl Jolson a boy?!

AmyE690

Hatching
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Tucson, AZ
This is our barred rock, Al Jolson. I'm watch Al's growth and thinking we may have a roo on our hands. What do you think? S/he is about six or seven weeks old.

By the way, I must say how impressed I am with the site. I've been reading posts for quite a while and y'all have helped us with many questions we have. We're new to the whole chicken thing.

AlJolson.jpg

I am by no means an expert, but from the looks of that comb and the fact that he has huge wattles, I would say Roo? but I am pretty new here, so maybe someone with more expertise will respond. I would say Roo though.

Marie

im 99% sure thats a boy. The ones i have have the big comb by this time and it seems on the barred rock, that the boys have more white than black in their coloring, whereas the girls look blacker.

Well, he was all black when we got him. The boyfriend and I were mulling over possibilities and I asked, "Who was that guy that used to do blackface and sing Mammee?"

"Al Jolson?"

And it stuck.

We also have two RIR named Olive and Little Jerry Seinfeld and two ameraucanas named Mary-Kate and Ashley. Ironically, Mary-Kate ended up reddish brown and Ashley is blond. Same skinny legs, though.

Back
Top Bottom