MadamPoofyBrow

Songster
5 Years
Jun 15, 2015
Ok thank you. Do you think its okay to start introducing them to my older hens, guenias and rooster?
That should be fine at this age. I introduce my young ones by keeping them in a dog lot inside where the older ones free roam for about a week, so they're around eachother and get used to being together before they can actually get together. After I started using this method there was very little squabbling during the actual introduction. I'm not sure if you're set up where you can do this, but it has worked well for me.
Good luck!

Jun 22, 2020
That should be fine at this age. I introduce my young ones by keeping them in a dog lot inside where the older ones free roam for about a week, so they're around eachother and get used to being together before they can actually get together. After I started using this method there was very little squabbling during the actual introduction. I'm not sure if you're set up where you can do this, but it has worked well for me.
Good luck!
Yes I can. Thank you for the advice.

drinkoj

Songster
Premium Feather Member
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
18 to 20+ months. Just watch for their combs to turn a deep red, them squatting, and what they call the "chicken song". I'm sitting about about 16+ weeks on mine and it's driving me nuts as I want to reap what I am sewing/feeding.

Top Bottom