Isbar thread

Pics
Wynette, I see Isbars in your signature, but I didn't see them on your website... Do you keep them just for fun? Or do you also sell Isbar eggs?

Hi, Nomi - I don't update my website, I have someone do that for me; I really do need to get her some pics of my trio & get my site updated. Yes, I can sell hatching eggs, and my pullets have been laying for a month or so now; however, I only have two, so my goal is to get more hatched off yet this summer so I'll have a few more by spring.

NO uproar please. I just have a woman who harangues me every time I have an auction that I am devaluing the birds. It's not Wynette! She objects to my pricing and including extras. Go figure!

mary

HA! Actually, I wouldn't DREAM of offending you, Mary! You know that! I may not participate on many of the threads Mary does, but she and I do chat frequently via PM, just so everyone knows that I had no intention of offending.
hugs.gif

I need to get some good pics - I lost my digital camera for months, finally bit the bullet & got another one, but haven't read up on it and it frustrates the heck out of me! I hate learning new devices. I'll work on it, though. The male I kept is gorgeous; I chose him because his comb is very upright (hard to come by a huge single comb that's not flopped), and he has those gorgeous big eyes that I feel like really showcase the beauty of the breed!

Get out the manual Wynette! Jeeze. Anyway I too like the eyes. That is one thing I am not fond of in the Cream Legbars is the beady eyes. Isbar eyes are much nicer.

I need to get some good pics - I lost my digital camera for months, finally bit the bullet & got another one, but haven't read up on it and it frustrates the heck out of me!  I hate learning new devices.  I'll work on it, though.  The male I kept is gorgeous; I chose him because his comb is very upright (hard to come by a huge single comb that's not flopped), and he has those gorgeous big eyes that I feel like really showcase the beauty of the breed!

Now you have no choice! We all want to see these beautiful birds! Go Get the Camera!! :)

I know, I know...I'm sorry, guys! Yep, I need to read the manual. I dunno why I hate that sort of thing. It's the reason my cell phone is so old. I've been eligible for an upgrade for over 2 years now. They have some pretty neat phones now, but learning a new one...blech. I just want another of the old one.
hide.gif

Anyway...k, I'll make it my mission to get some pics this weekend!

Hi Everyone,
I am so very excited today! I ordered Isbar hatching eggs for the Sheriff this past weekend. I just want to let you all know the she is a great person to do business with! She mailed them Wed, and they arrived at my door here in VA on today (Friday). Super fast! The eggs were a beautiful size and color. All the eggs arrived intact and were even cool to the touch. Her packing method is genius! It has not been under 100 degrees here for most of July, I was stunned that the little eggs weren't hard boiled upon arrival
big_smile.png
! So, if any of you are thinking of ordering hatching eggs from her, order with confidence! I will be a repeat customer! I cannot wait till they hatch
celebrate.gif

Kim
Fredericksburg, VA

Hi Everyone,
I am so very excited today! I ordered Isbar hatching eggs for the Sheriff this past weekend. I just want to let you all know the she is a great person to do business with! She mailed them Wed, and they arrived at my door here in VA on today (Friday). Super fast! The eggs were a beautiful size and color. All the eggs arrived intact and were even cool to the touch. Her packing method is genius! It has not been under 100 degrees here for most of July, I was stunned that the little eggs weren't hard boiled upon arrival
big_smile.png
! So, if any of you are thinking of ordering hatching eggs from her, order with confidence! I will be a repeat customer! I cannot wait till they hatch
celebrate.gif

Kim
Fredericksburg, VA
AWESOME, Kim!! We'll anxiously await news of the incubation & subsequent hatch - BEST of luck!

Maybe this question just shows what a newbie I am, but....
From what I've read here, all? Of the Isbars in the country came from a pair At green-something farms. If so, then you are also breeding brother and sister, or mom to son, right? Are there prob with this kind of inbreeding? And how much of this can you do without creating problems when it comes to chickens?

Kim! I can't wait to see your new little Fuzzy butts!! Please keep us updated. I don't have any IsBars, YET! So I have to live vicariously through you for now:) ~Naomi

Last edited:
Just distraught this morning- had family over last night and the kids wanted to show them how we candle the eggs. Got up this morning and did my rounds checking on everyone, and apparently SOMEONE decided to be helpful and unplug everything on one of the outlets. THEY UNPLUGGED MY INCUBATOR with my Isbar eggs!
somad.gif
barnie.gif
ep.gif
somad.gif

I know it was accidental but I am SO upset. I'll leave them in, how much of a chance do you think they have? They were unplugged for about 8 hours, they were at 80 degrees this morning, and have only been incubated for about 6 days. I know my chances are slim but I have to try.....

hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom