Isbar thread

Yes. I removed the separation cage so that it can move wherever it feels comfortable. Put the three remaining eggs in the middle, the two maybes on the edge. Spritzed them with water and closed it back up.

Last edited:
I have a lone Isbar chick. Only 2 of the 5 eggs I left in there were completed and the chicks never got turned around. This has to be my worst hatch ever. The biggest change is I went to an auto turner. Frustrating my friends. I've never had a single chick.

Just temporary. I have Legbars due in another 7 days, but this chick needed a companion. I gave it my smallest Legbar pullet. The 6 older chicks was way too much. The boys are rowdy and just bowling the chick over.

Just temporary. I have Legbars due in another 7 days, but this chick needed a companion. I gave it my smallest Legbar pullet. The 6 older chicks was way too much. The boys are rowdy and just bowling the chick over.
sorry that you only got one -- but at least you did get one. How is the pullet getting along with the Isbar? Hope that she will take it 'under her wing'. Some very little legbars have been heroic with littler chicks. Hope this one will comfort your Isbar.

Last edited:
I have a lone Isbar chick. Only 2 of the 5 eggs I left in there were completed and the chicks never got turned around. This has to be my worst hatch ever. The biggest change is I went to an auto turner. Frustrating my friends. I've never had a single chick.

It sucks to go through that...at least you have one healthy baby! :)

PhxChickens, you asked.. "What color of eyes should an Isbar have?"

They should have brown eyes. : ) Big, beautiful brown eyes.

I noticed that on Greenfires webpage, the eyes look red. Is that considered the brown eye, or is that a second generation eye color? I bought some new isbars, and right now the eye looks brown. But supposedly they're second generation Isbars.

What a wonderful feeling! Congratulations! For some reason Isbars seem to need a lot of TLC right after hatch too. Vitamins are important, esp. in the beginning. KYT taught me that!

I'm wondering if others in this page has had troubles. We've bought several rounds of Isbars from a breeder. At about 1.5 weeks they get sick and slowly die. We give them vitamins and they have heat lamp, and this last time we started them on a round of corrid in case the previous had ones from the parents. They start to gasp for air, sometimes get a dirty eye, and then slowly quit eating and drinking. We started then on a dose of Tylan. One died this morning. So we have two left. Does this normally happen? We baby them so much.

Back
Top Bottom