Isbar thread

I just received 11 Isbar chicks from GFF & they are so cute. It is too early to tell how many males and females I have. My question is how many males should I keep for breeding if I were to go with a clan mating system? Or do you think they are too closely related genetically? They are from the 2nd importation and eventually I would like to add some stock from the 1st importation.

Oh, please share pics!

IMG_0057.JPG
Oh, please share pics!

Here they are. They weren't very cooperative lol. Most are black and a few are grey. (Also some cream leg bars in the pic.)

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    592.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 1110800

Here they are. They weren't very cooperative lol. Most are black and a few are grey. (Also some cream leg bars in the pic.)

Thank you, Thank you! I wish I could help with your question on genetics. I'm only recently learning about Isbars. It's my aspirations to have green eggs that have led me to the breed. (My last name being Ham)

Here are mine currently. The "is he or isn't he a splash?" cockerel is starting to look more splash like. i think he is pretty, but he certainly does not have the clear splash look that yours have, Cree57i. View attachment 1108547 View attachment 1108549
Then I have blue cockerels 1 & 2. I think they are coming along nicely. View attachment 1108548 View attachment 1108553
Also, my two black pullets. They look so much alike I struggle to tell them apart. I don't know for certain if they are both SB yet. View attachment 1108550 View attachment 1108551
These were all hatched in mid May. How do you think they are turning out?
I think the first pics are of a blue - splashes are predominately white with the blue splashing. Another thing GFF is letting pass is the mottled gene. I have a black who seriously looks like either a mottled java or an exchequer leghorn... I was told to get him out of the gene pool, because even though there is no SOP, there are definitely standards among those of us who are working with the breed; mottled not being one of them. I need to go out and get some pics today.

I think the first pics are of a blue - splashes are predominately white with the blue splashing. Another thing GFF is letting pass is the mottled gene. I have a black who seriously looks like either a mottled java or an exchequer leghorn... I was told to get him out of the gene pool, because even though there is no SOP, there are definitely standards among those of us who are working with the breed; mottled not being one of them. I need to go out and get some pics today.

Looking forward to the pics.

Back
Top Bottom