Isbar thread

Pics
lau.gif

Well remember time of year plays a huge part. Pullets of all breeds at this time of the year tend to come into lay earlier due to the seasonal changes- longer daylight and warmer weather.

Hello! We have a small flock of isbars as well. Our hens started laying around 5 mths and we are in Ga also. We did keep the lights on for them and fed them laying feed to help.

I have read that European breeds in America lay later because our feeds are not as good quality nor as high protein as the Europeans have. Ours is so loaded with poor quality, chemical laden grains that it does take its toll.

I feed fermented feed and grains and I try to supplement mine with raw meats and other things that are beneficial. My Isbars and Jaerhons just go NUTS over the raw meat - almost to the point of fighting over it. LOL!

Angela

Hi everyone. I am in PA and I am trying to find Isbar hatching eggs. Does anyone know where to find some other than ebay? I would much rather get them from a BYC member if I can. I can usually get more info on reviews and hatch rates this way.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom